Over recent years, the Saint Stephen’s College grounds, facilities and technology have undergone significant developments.
Now, Saint Stephen’s College offers facilities and technology to rival any school and most universities.
The suite of facilities at Saint Stephen’s College is impressive, but nowhere near as valuable or important as the people who occupy them. With the exception of the sports centre, all teaching and learning spaces at Saint Stephen’s College are air-conditioned and offer access to a wide range of digital technologies.
Recent developments of new facilities, and facility upgrades, include:
- State-of-the-art sports centre incorporating four indoor courts, a very well-equipped gym and multiple change rooms
- 25 new classrooms
- Large sporting fields precinct incorporating a grandstand, kiosk and under cover courts
- A state-of-the-art iCentre as part of the library
- Art rooms that converts into an art gallery
- Staff and student welfare centre that provides space for students, parents and staff to meet
- A new lecture theatre that seats 130 people
- A unique foreign language centre with two lecture theatres that each seat 50 people, two webinar rooms that each seat 30 people, two collaborative learning areas, and spaces for individuals to use the latest technology to assist their learning.
The Saint Stephen’s College iCentre is a state-of-the-art learning and research space that provides all of the resourcing and technology needs for all students from Preparatory through to Year 12. The iCentre offers printed books and resources, digitally interactive collaborative learning spaces, laptops, purpose-built meeting rooms plus 24/7 access to digital resources such as e-books and e-audiobooks.
Foreign Language Centre
The Saint Stephen’s College LOTE Centre is an Award Winning learning space for all students undertaking foreign language studies at the College and a part of the Saint Stephen’s community language program. The building boasts modern infrastructure with lecture style and traditional classroom layouts complemented with the latest whiteboard and computer technology. The centre offers comfortable common areas for group or private study and two computer labs to supplement classroom learning.
Arts and Applied Technology
The Saint Stephen’s College Arts and Applied Technology Precinct is a state-of-the-art facility that brings together under one space the Visual Art, Film, Television and New Media, Graphics and IT departments.
Science-in-Action, Team Projects and Learning Enhancement
Saint Stephen’s College continues to sets new standards for technology in education. The Team Projects, Science-in-Action, Learning Enhancement and Applied Arts and Science precinct has been designed to promote the personalisation of learning as well as collaboration and communication.