Mrs Kellie Solomons
Director of Child Care Centre
Phone +61 7 5573 8650
Child care programme
For more information about the Saint Stephen’s College Child Care Programme, or to obtain a wait list form, please contact the child care centre on 07 5573 8650 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the programme
In the Saint Stephen’s College child care centre ‘Secret Garden’ we believe that children are the seeds of life. Our aim is to help those seeds grow and blossom into happy, confident, well-educated and well-balanced individuals.
The Saint Stephen’s College Child Care Programme is based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) as outlined in the National Curriculum.
Our highly experienced early learning educators take a holistic approach to nurturing the development of the children in our care. We communicate with parents each day to keep them informed of progress and achievements, and support each child’s development through a negotiated Emergent Curriculum where children and families can influence our programme.
We believe that it takes a community to raise a child and we feel very privileged to help nurture each child in partnership with their family.
- Grasshopper Room (Junior Kindy) 2.5 years to 3.5 years
- Dragonfly Room (Senior Kindy) 3.5 years to school age.
- Butterfly Room (Senior Kindy) 3.5 years to school age.
- The Saint Stephen’s College Child Care Centre caters for children from the age of six weeks through to five years.
- The Centre operates for 50 weeks of the year from 7 am until 6 pm.
- The Centre has a total licensed capacity of 68 children per day.
- The Centre complies with the National Law and National Regulation.
- The government Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate is available to eligible families.
- We provide high-quality child care with experienced and qualified early learning educators.
- The majority of child care enrolments are future Saint Stephen’s College students, which means friendships can be fostered at an early age before continuing to blossom into the schooling years.
- We provide a safe, warm, caring and happy environment for all children.
The Senior Kindergarten Butterflies Programme
The Senior Kindergarten Butterflies Programme is available to children who turn four years old by the 30th of June in the year prior to attending Preparatory. Children are required to attend the programme for 15 hours per week (over three or more days a week) for 40 weeks of the year.
The Kindergarten Programme is taught by a degree-qualified early childhood teacher who is registered with the Queensland College of Teachers. The educational learning outcomes are based on both the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline and the National Curriculum Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).
Children in the Senior Kindergarten Butterflies Programme are active participants in Saint Stephen’s College’s events and resources. This is beneficial in supporting children through their transition from Kindergarten to Preparatory school.
- Grasshoppers 2017 is $80 per day
- Butterflies 2017 is $85 per day
- Dragonflies 2017 is $85 per day
Before School Care $17 per session
Enrolment fee is $50 per child
- Family Bond payment is $200